COVID Smart behaviours
How You Can Help
These are some of the things you can do to help prevent spread and to reduce your chances of becoming severely unwell from COVID:
- staying up to date with your vaccinations
- speaking to your healthcare team before you become unwell
- washing and sanitising your hands regularly
- physically distancing
- wearing a mask in public indoor places
- testing for COVID-19 if you have symptoms. Even if the test is negative, remain at home until you’re feeling better.
These behaviours are best for you, your family and your workplace. They also help to protect you from other respiratory illnesses, such as influenza (flu) and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
For information and health advice on these illnesses, including staying well over winter, also visit the ACT Health website.